- 1 General troubleshooting
- 1.1 Activate debugging
- 1.2 I do not see the regibox icon (Ubuntu and other Linux with Unity desktop)
- 1.3 My Mac tells me that regibox is outdated / not optimized for my Mac (32 bit application)
- 1.4 regibox does not see and synchronize my files in the regiboxes
- 1.5 I get error message telling me about corrupted file and it was "Local off"
- 2 Setup
You may also take a look at the regibox FAQ pages.
If you plan to ask regify support, please make sure to send us complete support cases containing a valid diagnostics file and detailed error description including all warnings and error messages the user gets. We are also interested in any additional information that might affect the issue.
Debug during runtime
If you encounter any error that seems strange to you, please follow these steps in order to create debug information for regify support:
- Open regibox manager and prepare the situation you want to show us.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+d (Mac Ctrl+Option+d) in order to activate debug logging. Please confirm with YES.
- Now, please try to replicate your problem.
- Crash or visible problem: Please trigger the problem again.
- General synchronization problem: Please wait for at least 60 seconds (doing nothing).
- Special file synchronization problem: Please trigger the problem with this file again.
- Stop debugging by pressing Ctrl+Alt+d again.
- The program is asking you for a location to store the debug information. We suggest to use the Desktop folder of your profile.
Debug during configuration
If problems occur initially or during initial configuration, please run the regibox manager using this command-line option to trigger logging:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\regibox\regibox.exe" -v -l "%USERPROFILE%\box.log"
Now please have a look into the file using your favorite text editor (use file open with %USERPROFILE%\box.log to find it). Search for CRIT. If you find a CRIT line, please check the 20 to 30 lines above for any possible errors in the lines with CURL:.
Take a look to the logfile
You can open the ZIP file directly and open the file regibox-log.txt. Please follow the instructions below to search for CRIT and cURL errors.
Example CRIT line:
2016-05-12 06:58:49-1020 : CRIT: CURL_Post(curl_include.pbi:1932): Error performing POST. Curl ec:35
In this case you can google for CURL Error 35 to find the reason. Also check the above lines. Also have a look for the resolved IP address or any proxy messages. You may ignore any "schannel: failed to receive handshake, need more data" messages as they are normal.
I do not see the regibox icon (Ubuntu and other Linux with Unity desktop)
This is due to a setting in unity to not show systray icons by default. Follow this guide to fix this:
1) Run the following command in your console window to get the current settings:
gsettings get com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist
2) Now, add the program 'regibox' to the list. So if it was ['JavaEmbeddedFrame', 'Mumble', 'Wine', 'Skype'] before, make it look like this:
gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['JavaEmbeddedFrame', 'Mumble', 'Wine', 'Skype', 'regibox']"
Alternatively, run this in your console window in order to show all kind of systray icons:
gsettings set com.canonical.Unity.Panel systray-whitelist "['all']"
My Mac tells me that regibox is outdated / not optimized for my Mac (32 bit application)
We're currently developing a 64 bit version of regibox manager for Mac OSX (V1.5). Until then, please ignore this message.
regibox does not see and synchronize my files in the regiboxes
Maybe your regibox root folder is on a network drive? In network drives, Windows does not trigger the needed events for new and changed files. We encountered several cases where the "home" folder or the "documents" folder was redirected to a network share.
In this case, please activate "network mode" in the regibox manager configuration.
I get error message telling me about corrupted file and it was "Local off"
This happens, if the file was not in the same state after downloaded to your device and then decrypted as it was on the origin machine during upload. While this is theoretically not possible, it might happen under the following circumstances:
- Some Anti-Virus has touched the file during encryption or decryption. To prevent this, add %APPDATA%\regify\regibox\ to the list of excluded places in your Anti-Virus tool. Now try to use "Local copy on" for the affected files. If this does not help, try fixing AV on senders side! Then, sender may copy the files somewhere else, delete the files in the regibox folder, wait for sync and then re-upload the files.
- Either the local harddrive of the file creator or the recipient is defect and disk blocks are changing during red/write. Please check the SMART status of your local drives to ensure that no hardware defect is mangling your data!
Setup starts while I'm simply trying to use regify or accept a regibox invitation
At first, the mechanism of Microsoft Windows tries to re-run the setup (MSI, Installer) automatically, if files or registry keys (created by the setup) have changed or are missing. Thus, please check your AntiVirus logfiles if some components of regify have been classified as dangerous (false alert). If AV software, or other software setups, removed or downgraded components of regify, this may happen.
In some case, a complete uninstall followed by a fresh install of the most recent setup fixed the issues. As this is a Windows issue and not directly related to regify, we sadly can not give you any further assistance on this.
If you're an IT professional and if you're able reproduce the problem, you may activate MSI debugging to identify the missing component.
I'm not able to uninstall because of a missing MSI file/dependency
Such problems happen if Windows is having a corrupted installer configuration, independently of regify. As this is a common problem on Windows, Microsoft offers a tool to solve such issues. Please try to solve the issue with this tool.
As this is a Windows issue and not directly related to regify, we sadly can not give further assistance. Google for "uninstall missing msi file" will give you a lot of possible solutions and tools to solve such issues, too.
You also may try to activate MSI debugging for further investigation.