More FAQ on the regify homepage.
I have problems, can I do some debugging?
Yes, please take a look at the regibox trouble shooting pages.
Is it possible to redirect the regibox root folder?
Yes, there is a chance to set this to another location. Follow this guide:
- Stop regibox manager (right click on the ToolTray icon and close the program).
- Move the whole regibox root folder to the new location (incl. all subfolders). Do not copy, please move the folder and files.
- Edit the regibox.ini:
- The file is located in
- Windows: %APPDATA%\regify\regibox\regibox.ini
- Linux: /home/userName/.regify/regibox/regibox.ini
- Mac OSX: /Users/userName/.regify/regibox/regibox.ini
- Change the "boxRoot" entry to point to the new root. The path needs to end on backslash (Windows) or slash (Linux, OSX).
- The file is located in
- Re-start regibox manager.
There are a few limitations for the location of the new regibox root folder. Please respect.
- Do not point to a location which is not having full read/write/delete access permissions for the user.
- We do not recommend to use a network share as regibox may become slow and we do not guarantee that this works as expected.
- regibox is only accepting one regibox root folder. You can not run multiple instances of regibox to get more root folders.
Is it possible to run regibox as a Windows service?
Currently, we do not have an unattended regibox service available. To run a regibox manager, it needs a logged in user session. Many servers always running a logged in administrator session (managed using RDP). By this, it is no problem.
Such unattended version is planned, but there is no release date yet.
You may consider software like AlwaysUp, but we have no experience with it and can't support you on this. It may be needed to make sure that no second instance is ran at any time in the same user context. Eg for running regibox manager to handle the configuration, the service would have to become stopped previously. For sure, you may need to test this carefully before production!
How to execute a silent regibox setup?
Simply call the setup with the /silentex switch (Windows only):
How to create a logfile for the installation process?
You can call the regibox setup file with the /logfile switch (Windows only):
This will create a file "Logfile_[ProductName]_MSI.txt" in your system %TEMP% folder. You can also combine this with the /silentex switch, if you like to get more information about the silent installation.