Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 2021-03-xx / regibox V2.1.1 (announcement)
- 2 2022-02-08 / regibox V2.1.0 (public release)
- 3 2021-01-25 / regibox V2.0.1 (public release)
- 4 2020-09-22 / regibox V2.0.0 (public release)
- 5 2019-05-09 / regibox V1.5.3 (public release)
- 6 2019-02-20 / regibox V1.5.2 (public release)
- 7 2018-11-14 / regibox V1.5.1 (public release)
- 8 2018-09-17 / regibox V1.5.0 (public release)
- 9 2018-06-29 / regibox V1.4.4 (public release, only for MacOS)
- 10 2018-05-24 / regibox V1.4.3 (public release)
- 11 2017-12-19 / regibox V1.4.2 (public release)
- 12 2017-08-15 / regibox V1.4.1 (public release)
- 13 2017-05-08 / regibox V1.4.0 (public release)
- 14 2016-07-11 / regibox V1.3.2 (public release)
- 15 2016-03-21 / regibox V1.3.1 (public release)
- 16 2015-12-16 / regibox V1.3.0 (public release)
- 17 2015-10-14 / regibox V1.2.2 (public release)
- 18 2015-09-22 / regibox V1.2.1 (public release)
- 19 2015-09-18 / regibox V1.2 (public release)
- 20 2015-08-26 / regibox V1.1.3 (public release)
- 21 2015-07-07 / regibox V1.1.2 (public release)
- 22 2015-06-19 / regibox V1.1.1 (public release)
- 23 2015-05-19 / regibox V1.1.0 (initial public release)
2021-03-xx / regibox V2.1.1 (announcement)
Patch release announcement
- New: GUI speed enhancements and limiting file display per folder to 5.000 entries.
With more than 5.000 files in a single folder the GUI becomes slow and may even crash.
Please try to avoid having so many files in a single folder.
- Fix: Non-functional autostart until regibox manager settings were once saved.
- Fix: Empty SysTray entry if autostart was disabled. Goes away if touched by mouse.
- Fix: Non-functional file explorer entry (rarely occured on some Windows 10 systems).
- Fix: Concatenated GUI entries if a file path contains specific character sequence.
2022-02-08 / regibox V2.1.0 (public release)
Major release (Windows / MacOS / Linux)
- New: Complete rework of the underlying synchronisation engine
- Faster startup if there are a lot of regiboxes and files/folders.
- More robust handling of several edge cases.
- Faster reaction on new files.
- Faster internal handling of regiboxes (eg during new regibox or accepting invitation).
- Reduced disk activity on many regiboxes (but higher memory consumption).
- New: manage regiboxes dialog is updated
- Now showing maximum 50 regiboxes per default.
- Offers search function to search for regiboxes (enter @ to see all regiboxes, may become slow!).
- New: Deleted regiboxes no longer blocking the GUI.
- Instead, a warning notifier pops up and the local regibox is renamed (__deleted__BoxName).
- New: Main window has "Help" button, pointing to the web documentation.
- Fix: The GUI is now faster on many regiboxes and folders.
- Fix: The box and folder view did not scroll on cursor key navigation.
- Fix: The recovery dialogue was slow and consumed to much memory (sometimes even crashed).
- Fix: List of published shares showed always 0 for the number of files.
- Fix: Fixed support of registry key DenyUpdateCheck to stop regibox Manager from looking for updates.
- Fix: Enhanced some of the dialogs and messages for better understanding.
- Int: Handle and restore malformed boxGui.ini file instead of crashing (Antivirus issue).
2021-01-25 / regibox V2.0.1 (public release)
- New: Support links for automatic updates (forward to web address instead of download, eg for Linux systems).
- Fix: Sometimes, activity notifiers did not auto-close.
- Fix: Fixed issues in end-date calculation for regify shares (shared files/folders).
- Fix: Enhanced error messages for errors 20 and 25 (invalid recipient).
- Fix: Removed imagemagick dependency on Linux hosts.
- Fix: Stop unwanted rgbx file deletion on MacOS after invitation was accepted.
- Fix: Fixed missing log in diagnostics if there were more than 500 regiboxes.
- Int: Enhanced robustness of file uploads in case of missing or lost events from regify provider.
- Int: Enhanced error message dialogue (design changes).
2020-09-22 / regibox V2.0.0 (public release)
NOTE: Minimum OS versions for this release are Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, MacOS 13.13 (Sierra) or Ubuntu Linux 18.04.
The new regibox manager V2 is available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux systems. In comparison to the existing V1.5 version, it features the following changes:
- New GUI, based on HTML.
- It is fully scalable and respects DPI settings and high resolution monitors.
- New layout to better fit wide screen monitors.
- File recovery is now a separate window (open using context menu).
- User management and box properties are in a combined qdialog now.
- Better visibility if a regify provider is offline (now showing separately for each box).
- The new publish functionality is no longer managed by regibox mechanisms. Instead, it's operation is separated from regibox protocol.
- No longer managed by user roles (no publish role). Instead, it is a separate setting to be done by the box owner or administrator for every box user.
- Upload also covers multiple files and even folder (no longer based on single files). The resulting link points to a web location that contains all files and folder published in this share. From Provider V5.1, there is even an option to optionally download all files in one ZIP folder.
- Publish function uses expiration date. A new share will expire in a period between 1 hour and 90 days. No share can get older than 90 days.
- A list of all shares of a regibox can be found in box properties dialog. Optional, they can get deleted from there.
- Updated box user management.
- Owners and users with administrator role can edit all user settings and their roles. Also, only these two roles can invite new users into a box.
- Enhanced notifier window.
- The popup notifier is enhanced and allows to click through the messages.
- Notification window can get dragged to whatever position liked (position is remembered).
- Popup notifications are reduced to affected box and user, no longer showing filenames (to much text).
- Enhanced automatic update.
- If update is found, some notification pops up and stays visible until someone clicks it.
- Enhanced Windows setup
- Installs with less clicks. One click to start (Standard) and one to finish the setup (close).
- Some settings and options were removed because of being unused or confusing.
- Bandwidth shaping is only available through manual ini file changes (no GUI any more).
- No SMTP settings and sending from local device any more.
- No tray icon symbol "star" for changes any more. No extra list of changes.
- Help button was removed. New interface should be intuitive.
2019-05-09 / regibox V1.5.3 (public release)
- Internal: Handle websocket connections that are gone without any notification (eg TCP/IP lines drop silently by defect firewall).
2019-02-20 / regibox V1.5.2 (public release)
- New: Adding performance statistics to diagnostics for better analysis.
- Internal: Improve behavior under high load introduced by missing websockets.
- Internal: Enhance websocket usage to fit size constrained environments.
2018-11-14 / regibox V1.5.1 (public release)
- Fix: Fixed diagnostics missing cURL entries if not started from the beginning by using -v switch.
- Adding configuration information to diagnostics for better analysis.
2018-09-17 / regibox V1.5.0 (public release)
- New: Manage regiboxes was enhanced:
- Search function to find regiboxes quickly.
- Enable all/disable all buttons.
- "Remember my choice" option for new regiboxes and removed regiboxes.
- Dialog is loading much faster for many regiboxes.
- New: Restore files from recovery folder directly to original location.
- New: Translated GUI to simplified Chinese.
- New: Enhanced Hi DPI compatibility for Windows and Linux versions.
- New: 64 bit version for MacOS.
- New: Invitation dialog keeps last personal invitation text for the next invitation (per regibox).
- Many small enhancements.
- Fix: Fixed some minor bugs and edge cases.
- Internal: Supporting WebSocket connections to regify provider V5 leading to a faster response on receiving systems.
2018-06-29 / regibox V1.4.4 (public release, only for MacOS)
- Fix: Fixed a random crash in "Manage regiboxes" on MacOS High Sierra.
- Fix: Make slow SQL queries to appear in diagnostics error logs.
2018-05-24 / regibox V1.4.3 (public release)
- Fix: Fixed slow updates and synchronization in some circumstances. Affects only systems with many files in many folders.
- Fix: Removed delivery of some libcurl dependency in MacOS .pkg installer.
2017-12-19 / regibox V1.4.2 (public release)
- Fix: Enhanced some sentences in the Windows installer dialogue.
- Fix: When subscribing to a box and then closing the regibox client before any of the box is pulled, can cause creation of top level box entries in the database upon restart, because the box content may not yet have been pulled. This creates double entries in regibox tree.
- Fix: regibox failed detection if some folder was removed and a new file with exactly the same name was created in the same parent folder.
- Fix: After some regify account password change, the regibox manager tried to connect every minute for box create until the local password was fixed.
- Fix: Fix a compatibility issue with Mac OS High Sierra and Retina displays (Hi DPI).
2017-08-15 / regibox V1.4.1 (public release)
- Internal: Added an error message in case the email address of a provider request is not set for whatever reason.
It is an enhancement for trouble shooting and prevent of potential data loss.
2017-05-08 / regibox V1.4.0 (public release)
- New: Mac OSX version of regibox manager available.
- New: "Restore latest version" from recovery folder files (restores file to original location).
- New: "Delete past versions" function for files, folders and boxes (mainly to save storage).
- New: Deeper integration into Windows File Explorer (additional icon in main area left and automatic favorite shortcut).
- New: Bandwidth limitation for up- and download (settings).
- New: Show current fill status of the users regify account in "manage regiboxes" dialogue.
- New: "Network share mode" to make regibox more reliable on network share home directories (settings).
- New: Activity history offers to export the current content to clipboard in CSV format (simply paste to Excel, Calc etc).
- Better icons to differentiate between your own and others regiboxes in "manage regiboxes" dialogue.
- Enhanced regibox invitation e-mail templates.
- Now showing invitation status in "manage regiboxes" to see if I'm the owner of the regibox or not.
- New status colors are better to see (local, non-local, current, conflict etc).
- Fix: Fixed repeating error message if user tried to create a new regibox while connected to a provider which does not support regibox at all.
- Fix: Fixed some typos in language sentences.
- Internal: Try to get customized invitation e-mail templates from the connected regify provider (starting with provider version 4.1).
- Internal: rgbx file format now also containing box owner information field.
- Internal: No login to the regify provider anymore on every start of regibox manager.
- Internal: Enhanced thread management for less CPU consumption.
- Internal: Reduced network traffic to nearly 1/3 by doing much less SSL handshakes (faster / less traffic / also relieving the provider).
2016-07-11 / regibox V1.3.2 (public release)
- New: Different regibox-icons in TreeView, depending if you are the box-owner (little star attached) or not (normal icon).
- Fix: Fixed issues with permanent deletion of files (deletion was not synchronized in some constellations).
- Fix: Fixed some missing file-list refresh events (manual refresh using F5 was needed in some rare cases).
- Fix: Added a check to prevent leading or trailing spaces and colons in folder-names and file-names on MacOS and Linux (as Windows is not able to handle them later).
- Fix: Fixed some general synchronization issues with files bigger than 4.29 GB.
- Fix: Enhanced handling of synchronization failures in case of interrupted uploads (local copy off on other clients).
2016-03-21 / regibox V1.3.1 (public release)
- New: Reduced CPU usage in idle mode (background) by factor 5.
- New: Enhanced invitation template to point to regibox downloads only.
- New: Updated regify default identity file.
- New: Faster folder scans.
- Fix: Better traffic management if a connected regify provider is in maintenance mode.
- Fix: Fixed problems on file sync if user profile contains non ASCII characters on Windows.
- Fix: Added keyboard functionality (cursor up/down) on "missed notifier popup" dialogue.
- Fix: Fixed problems if filenames started with trailing periods (~).
- Fix: Right click on a folder sometimes disabled the options to publish/unpublish files entries.
- Fix: Fixed problems in invitations if user name contained non ASCII characters.
2015-12-16 / regibox V1.3.0 (public release)
- New activity history dialogue showing all history and offering several filter functions.
- New icon color scheme in SysTray: Blue = Idle, Green = Activity, Red = Error
- SysTray icon showing golden star if notifiers happened. This allows you to see notifiers if you missed them.
- Several smaller enhancements:
- GUI is much more responsive during synchronization.
- No more flickering entries if synchronization happens in other folders.
- Enhanced error handling with better error messages.
- Enhanced invitation templates text.
- Notifier window can get closed by clicking on the content area.
- Completely reworked the internal synchronization engine.
- Upload in up to five streams at the same time.
- More stable detection of changes.
- Enhanced scalability and speed with many files.
- More stable if synchronization was interrupted (eg by power loss).
- Enhanced speed and reduced CPU usage and disk IO due to database enhancements.
- No longer sending .rgb files in invitations. All regibox managers from 1.2.2 or newer are understanding the new .rgbx format.
- Fix: Fixed some French translation issues.
- Fix: Fixed issue in displaying file date/time if timezone changed or between daylight saving.
- Fix: Fixed accidental detection of Thumbs.db files (Windows).
- Fix: Keep displaying tree-view selection on the left if tree-view is loosing focus (Windows only).
- Fix: Stop regibox manager from pulling information from regify provider twice a second in some rare circumstances.
2015-10-14 / regibox V1.2.2 (public release)
- Fix: Fixed issues during recovery of deleted files and versions.
- Fix: Fixed "database locked" error-messages during synchronization of bigger boxes.
2015-09-22 / regibox V1.2.1 (public release)
- Fix: Fixed problems during file recovery (did not recover in some circumstances).
2015-09-18 / regibox V1.2 (public release)
- New: Option to map the regibox folder as new drive (Windows only).
- New: Option to show a notifier (pop-up) on new files, folders and versions in your regiboxes. Also notifies you if invited users start to synchronize your box.
- New: Option to drop membership of regiboxes you have been invited to.
- New: "Manage regiboxes" is now showing the owner and creation date of the boxes.
- New: Help function on main screen ("?" button) to give hints about the usage.
- New: Check free space on affected drives and warn user if minimum size is reached.
- Fix: Fixed several synchronization issues.
- Fix: Enhanced the invitation template to be better understood.
- Fix: Displaying issues in "Manage regiboxes" dialogue and "box properties" if a regibox description contains line-feeds.
- Fix: E-mail account configuration assistant always appeared in German language.
- Updated registration of file types to also accept .rgbx extension (will become the new standard).
- Enhanced notifier pop-up code to consume less CPU power.
2015-08-26 / regibox V1.1.3 (public release)
- New: Enhanced members dialogue to also show if a user accepted the box invitation (only working for new invitations or if you re-sync your box).
- Fix: Fixed "Save Copy As..." dialogue to pre-fill the filename and ensure correct extension (versions).
- Fix: Fixed "Open Temporary Copy" function to add the version number to the filename in order to allow several versions to be opened at the same time (versions).
- Fix: Did some typo corrections and added some more French translation.
- Fix: Enhanced GUI update functionality to refresh more often automatically (instead of manually pressing F5).
- Updated libcurl to version 184.108.40.206 in order to fix several issues with NTLM proxy servers (memory exhaust in some rare circumstances).
2015-07-07 / regibox V1.1.2 (public release)
- New: Autocomplete for e-mail addresses and names during invitation (by using previous entered data)
- New: Added some more enhanced notification messages.
- New: Keep "new regibox" button enabled but display "need regibox account" in case it is pressed by a non regibox member (easier to understand).
- Fix: Doubleclick on tree folders does no longer collapse them.
- Fix: Removed SMTP copy option as it is not supported any more.
- Fix: Suppressing success information if sending an invitation using SMTP failed.
- Fix: Adding more tolerance for trailing and leading spaces in entered e-mail addresses.
- Fix: Auto-clean local database if a box is marked as deleted by the creator.
- Fix: Enhanced detection of folder changes on box root level.
- Fix: Fixed displaying red synchronization symbol even if no sync happens (rare case).
- Fix: Fixed problems in box handling if invited user has only "read" permissions.
2015-06-19 / regibox V1.1.1 (public release)
- Fixed many problems with detection of renamed files and folders.
2015-05-19 / regibox V1.1.0 (initial public release)
First release of regibox for Windows and Linux.