- 1 Information
- 2 regify client release versions
- 2.1 2018-05-09 / Client V4.3.1 (public release for Windows and Mac)
- 2.2 2018-04-25 / Client V4.3.0 (public release for Windows and Mac)
- 2.3 2017-12-19 / Client V4.2.6 (public release for Windows, Linux and Mac)
- 2.4 2017-08-02 / Client V4.2.5 (public release for Windows)
- 2.5 2017-06-07 / Client V4.2.4 (public release for Windows, Linux and Mac)
- 2.6 2016-12-22 / Client V4.2.3 (public release for Windows)
- 2.7 2016-11-28 / Client V4.2.2 (public release for Windows)
- 2.8 2016-11-23 / Client V4.2.1 (public release for Windows and Linux)
- 2.9 2016-04-28 / Client V4.2.0 (public release for Windows, Mac and Linux)
- 2.10 2015-11-20 / Client V4.1.4 (public release for Windows)
- 2.11 2015-09-07 / Client V4.1.3 (public release for Linux and Mac)
- 2.12 2015-07-22 / Client V4.1.2 (public release)
- 2.13 2015-06-08 / Client V4.1.1 (public release)
- 2.14 2015-05-18 / Client V4.1.0 (public release for Windows and Linux)
- 2.15 2014-12-12 / Client V4.0.2 (internal release only)
- 2.16 2014-10-20 / Client V4.0.1 (public release for Mac only)
- 2.17 2014-07-22 / Client V4.0.0 (public release)
- 2.18 2013-04-26 / Client V3.10.0 (public release)
- 2.19 2012-11-05 / Client V3.9.2 (public release)
- 2.20 2012-09-24 / Client V3.9 (public release)
- 2.21 2012-03-28 / Client V3.8.3 (public release)
- 2.22 2012-02-03 / Client V3.8.2 (public release)
- 2.23 2011-09-24 / Client V3.7.23 (public release)
- 2.24 2011-09-19 / Client V3.7.21
- 2.25 2011-03-04 / Client V3.6.5 (public release)
- 2.26 2011-02-02 / Client V3.6.4 (internal release)
- 2.27 2011-01-05 / Client V3.6.3 (public release)
- 2.28 2010-12-30 / Client V3.6.2 (internal release)
- 2.29 2010-10-22 / Client V3.6.0 (internal release)
- 2.30 2010-07-28 / Client V3.5.20
- 2.31 2010-07-26 / Client V3.5.19
- 2.32 2010-05-18 / Client V3.5.18
- 2.33 2010-02-11 / Client V3.5.17
- 2.34 2010-02-08 / Client V3.5.16
- 2.35 2010-01-18 / Client V3.5.15
This page contains the last few change-logs for the regify client software.
regify client release versions
2018-05-09 / Client V4.3.1 (public release for Windows and Mac)
- Fix: Fix issues with PAC-file requests to PAC servers who do not accept POST requests. Now using GET requests.
- Fix: Fix issues with UTF8 decoding of regify provider message templates (see help here)
2018-04-25 / Client V4.3.0 (public release for Windows and Mac)
- New: Added language support for Simplified Chinese.
- New: Added some tool tip help for reminder period in standalone client.
- New: Now regify Client for Mac is a 64 bit application so MacOS stops complaining.
- Fix: Solved issue with missing icon for rgf-files in Mac Mail.
- Fix: If password reset was triggered from client and email address was entered with uppercase characters, it failed.
- Internal: Updated compiler base to most recent version.
- Internal: Protocol enhancements regarding future representative functions for underlying SDK.
- New: Enhanced compatibility up to current version 59.0b2 (still in development).
- New: Windows-Installer making sure that .NET 3.5 is available for Outlook AddIn.
2017-12-19 / Client V4.2.6 (public release for Windows, Linux and Mac)
- Fix: Local protection password turned invalid after regify password has changed which leads to the need of a client configuration reset.
- Fix: Enhanced some misleading sentences in the Windows installer.
- Fix: Fixed scaling problems on MacOS High Sierra with Retina Display.
- Fix: Fixed crash in Outlook AddIn together with ActiveSync email accounts.
- Fix: Fixed annoying Outlook messages if not connected to Exchange Server.
- Fix: Added some error messages in case someone tries to add contacts, notes or calendar entries to a regimail in Outlook (which is not allowed due to an Outlook bug).
- Fix: If both regify client and regibox manager are installed on Mac OS, a double click on an RGF attachment opened regibox manager instead of regify client.
2017-08-02 / Client V4.2.5 (public release for Windows)
- Fix: Fixed error MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND in regify Outlook AddIn.
2017-06-07 / Client V4.2.4 (public release for Windows, Linux and Mac)
- Fix: Removed "unknown developer" warning during installation on Mac OSX
- Fix: Fixed Thunderbird AddIn incompatibility with Version >= 52.1.1
- Fix: In Thunderbird AddIn, some 4 bytes utf8 characters have not been encoded correctly in subject.
- Fix: Fixed issue with 4byte Unicode characters in subject (displayed wrong in regify client header display on Linux)
- Fix: Added some more flexibility in case Outlook is off-line or not able to access Exchange server (Message "We can't complete this because we can't contact the server right now.")
- Fix: Outlook 2016 AddIn failed to create a copy from original message if regimail was sent using "inline response" on OL 2016.
- Fix: Sometimes Outlook AddIn was not able to determine the sender account in Outlook (with Exchange only). Now using the regify client configuration as fall-back.
- Internal: Updated libcurl library to also support IDN domains (Windows client only)
2016-12-22 / Client V4.2.3 (public release for Windows)
- Update: Enhanced icons for "Standard Setup" and "Custom Setup".
- Update: Enhanced description of the various Outlook AddIn features in "Custom Setup".
- Fix: Fixed problem in installer who was not able to correctly detect Outlook 2013/2016 32 bit on 64 bit Windows.
- Note: This update does not come automatically as it is of no benefit on already installed clients.
2016-11-28 / Client V4.2.2 (public release for Windows)
- Fix: Fixed error message about wrong version of redemption.dll in Office 2010 AddIn (Office 2013 and 2016 are not affected).
2016-11-23 / Client V4.2.1 (public release for Windows and Linux)
- Fix: Fixed issue creating a regimail file in regify client if attached file is from a path with single quote in name.
- Fix: Fixed an issue if regify client was password secured and some hardware changed.
- Update: Now downloading updates from secure https connection (https://pkgs.regify.com).
- Update: Enhanced error messages if SSL certificate check was the reason for an issue.
- Linux: Updated client to use webkit-3 instead of webkit-1.
- Linux: Fixed invalid session issue while opening web portal (in fact an issue of xdg-open. We now do our own default browser detection and use xdg-open only as fallback).
- Fix: Fixed OLAddIn problem if all options to get the senders email address fail and the first item in Sent folder is not a mailitem. The fixed error was "The COM-Object of type "System.__ComObject" can not be converted to MailItem..."
- Fix: Fixed a small bug causing the OLAddIn to use a sender mail-address which is not a valid SMTP mail-address (X400 style name).
- Update: Enhanced handling of InlineResponse messages (sometimes it failed to reply).
- Update: Updated Redemption objects component to version 5.11.
2016-04-28 / Client V4.2.0 (public release for Windows, Mac and Linux)
- Enhanced identity file dialogues (link to help etc).
- Utilize new GUI colours to better fit to new provider design.
- Now displaying provider name in configuration dialogue.
- Fix: Prevent multiple checks for update in some conditions.
- Fix: Fixed problem to be unable to unselect proxy if something is entered in proxy URL field.
- More stable now by using better regify connectivity.
- Adding "(regify original)" to messages subject if stored unencrypted in sent-items sub folder.
- Fix: Fixed several errors with Exchange reported by users.
- Fix: Setup now also detects Office 2016 to install correct Outlook AddIn.
2015-11-20 / Client V4.1.4 (public release for Windows)
- Changed setup to work around a permanent false alert of Trend Micro Antivirus Scanner.
2015-09-07 / Client V4.1.3 (public release for Linux and Mac)
This is the first Mac-OS version offering an HTML editor for formatted message writing and the e-mail setup assistant!
Client (Patch release for Mac-OS and Linux only):
- Fixed not working "print" button on Linux in standard reading dialogue.
- Fixed non-working "Display" button for regipay viewing in Linux version (only on some distributions).
- Fixed non-working CTRL+C in reading dialogue on Linux.
- Fixed problems opening attached files if the filename contained a blank character.
- Fixed incompatibility with most recent Mac-OS Yosemite patch of apple.
- No longer able to connect to the Internet.
- Thus, unable to configure initially (always saying it misses configuration).
2015-07-22 / Client V4.1.2 (public release)
- Enhanced update mechanism for internal HTML-editor component (standalone usage).
- Fixed standalone editor issues on Mac-OS Yosemite
- Added compatibility with Thunderbird 38.
- Enhanced .NET 3.5 detection.
- Fixed non-silent Outlook AddIn (2013) setup if setup was called using /qn option.
2015-06-08 / Client V4.1.1 (public release)
- Enhanced status dialogue while SMTP sending (only standalone mode).
- Fixed a bug that encrypted an e-mail twice in case the user pressed "new regimail" followed by "send regimail" in OL 2007 or 2010.
2015-05-18 / Client V4.1.0 (public release for Windows and Linux)
- Now supports formatting in standalone creation mode (only Win and Mac).
- Adopted user interface design to the new design of the regify provider V4.
- Blue and flat main buttons.
- Using white flat icons.
- Added new automatic update feature for centralized update provisioning.
- Installer now containing old Outlook AddIn for Outlook 2007 to 2010 (32 Bit) and new Outlook AddIn for Outlook 2013 (32 and 64 Bit).
- Added a new SMTP e-mail setup assistant for standalone mode (trying to automatically get SMTP settings).
- Now supporting reconversion on IMAP accounts, too.
- Fixed a few bugs regarding other character sets in attachment names.
- Completely re-furbished code infrastructure.
- Added new Outlook AddIn to installer
- Now based on .NET 3.5.
- Supporting Outlook 2013 in 32 and 64 bit.
- Fixed problems with Exchange resource accounts.
- Outlook 2007 and 2010 (32 bit) still using the existing Outlook AddIn.
2014-12-12 / Client V4.0.2 (internal release only)
- Added new registry option to deny any sending activities of the regify client.
- Added PAC proxy support for customize.ini.
2014-10-20 / Client V4.0.1 (public release for Mac only)
- Enhanced compatibility to MacOS Yosemite (MacOS 10.10)
2014-07-22 / Client V4.0.0 (public release)
- Complete new user interface.
- Offers CC: field for standalone mode.
- Checking for updates after closing the client.
- Showing additional tips at the first start (standalone client).
- One code-basis for Windows, Linux and MacOS client builds.
- No longer needing cacert.pem file.
- Using new proxy dialogue.
- Updated libcurl component.
- Now supporting PAC files for proxy usage.
- Added a "complete reset" option to program password dialogue.
- Enhanced utf8 detection and added some logging for filename parameters.
- Added automatic configuration update in response to provider config checksum.
- Mac version supporting built-in Mac address book.
- SMTP sending now shows real SMTP sending progress (no fake progress anymore).
- Now supporting Thunderbird V24.
- Fixed a few bugs
2013-04-26 / Client V3.10.0 (public release)
- Automatic update of provider configuration on each client update (logo, default template etc.).
- SMTP sending in standalone mode now supports TLS security (STARTTLS). Now supporting gmail etc.
- Fix: Fixed problems on displays with changed DPI settings.
- Now supporting Thunderbird V17.
- Fixed problems with embedded images in forwarded messages.
- Now supporting Office 2013 (32 Bit).
- Fixed issues in recognizing incomming emails with activated auto-reconvert.
2012-11-05 / Client V3.9.2 (public release)
- Fix: Fixed sponsor message counting negative values.
- Fix: Fixed sponsor message not displaying the provider name.
- Fix: Fixed setup problem with Office 2013 RTM version (still not officially supportet).
2012-09-24 / Client V3.9 (public release)
- New: Users do not need to remember the regify provider they are assigned to (mailaddress and password is sufficient).
- New: More easy login and provider selection using regify provider lookup service.
- New: No need to download regify-client from correct provider anymore.
- New: Supports Thunderbird up to V15.
- New: Full unicode support for complete asian and eastern languages.
- New: Printer selection for printing regipay documents.
- New: Sponsor-message is reduced to 3 seconds.
- New: Changing the regify provider does no longer need manual file deletions.
- New: Full unicode support for complete asian and eastern languages.
- Fix: Reconversion now also works with all kind of mailaccount types.
2012-03-28 / Client V3.8.3 (public release)
- New: Supports Thunderbird up to V11 - V14.
2012-02-03 / Client V3.8.2 (public release)
- New: Supports Thunderbird up to V9.
- New: Thunderbird AddIn supports reconversion (only for POP accounts).
- New: Support for regipay "4 button dialog".
- New: Support for regimail private feature.
- New: Enhanced error-messages dialog incl. user-help.
- New: Reply using Lotus Notes.
- Int: Some important files are now digitally signed with a vendor certificate (regify AG).
- Int: Unified and overworked authentication images.
- Int: Printing the message forces system to also print background images (better results).
- Int: Enhanced image detection and displaying in HTML bodies.
- Int: Enhanced some unicode and UTF8 related issues.
- Int: Outlook AddIn now checks for stuck regify mails in draft folder.
- Fix: Fixed refresh-problem on some Windows 7 systems (message-window only white until resize).
- Fix: Fixed citate problem on Outlook (added some weird characters like ? and / on the beginning).
- Fix: Fixed Outlook AddIn sending unencrypted in case of crashes in regify client.
- Fix: Fixed some rare wrong subject encoding in Outlook AddIn.
2011-09-24 / Client V3.7.23 (public release)
- New: Supports Thunderbird up to V7
- New: Supports french language.
- New: fully supports proxy server with no further IE dependencies (now uses cURL).
- Int: remembers the last 1000 message answers (previous has been 250 messages).
- Int: usage of new and more secure auto-login feature for website.
- Int: new [REGIFY]DebugLevel option in regify_client.ini.
- Fix: Fixed problems on files with more than 26 attachments.
- Fix: Fixed display error on some systems (regify message was white until window resize).
2011-09-19 / Client V3.7.21
- special purpose release
2011-03-04 / Client V3.6.5 (public release)
- Int: Contains newest client-SDK V2.7.0.
2011-02-02 / Client V3.6.4 (internal release)
- New: Setup contains the newest Thunderbird AddIn (V1.00).
- Fix: Fixed Thunderbird AddIn problems while using the attachment in forwarded mails (nsmail.dat).
- Int: HTML Body's are getting filtered against some unwanted html attributes.
2011-01-05 / Client V3.6.3 (public release)
- New: Setup contains the newest Thunderbird AddIn (V0.99).
- Fix: Password adoption works with no CryptoValidate entry, too (detect invalid password).
2010-12-30 / Client V3.6.2 (internal release)
- New: regify-Client detects old machine-code algorithm and converts old data to new one. Most users do not need to enter their passwords again!
2010-10-22 / Client V3.6.0 (internal release)
(This release needs regify-provider 2.7.4 or newer)
- New: Setup contains the new Thunderbird AddIn (V0.95).
- New: Check-button for entered regify connection (in settings-dialog).
- New: Assistant needs only username/password. Mailaddress and full name is gathered through the regify-provider.
- Int: The client has been compiled using the newest PB compiler 4.50.
- Int: First use assistant recognizes more Lotus Notes variations, too (no SMTP settings in Assistant).
- Int: Message open history saves hashcode instead of filename to identify the previously opened messages.
- Int: regify-client uses %APPDATA%\regify for storing his data. Old configurations are getting recognized and changed automatically.
- Int: Overworked base64 encoding in standalone smtp client.
- Int: Reading-dialog replaces some mozilla css-styles with some standard-styles (better displaying of thunderbird-generated messages).
- Fix: Fixed a problem with cursor-focus in settings-dialog.
- New: regifyGetURL method now available (supports proxy, too).
- New: regifyComposeContainer -> strSenderName is optional now (empty = name from regify-portal account)
- New: New function regifyGetRealUsername() and regifyGetUserMailaddress() to retrieve the real name and the main mailaddress of the currently logged in user.
2010-07-28 / Client V3.5.20
(This release needs regify-provider 2.7.3 or newer)
- New: Thunderbird reply function (no need for an addin in this case).
- New: Better HTML to ASCII conversion for zitate (now correctly handles lists).
- New: Direct-Login (globe in main menu) now uses a hash challenge to prevent the function from missuses (needs Portal V2.7.3 or newer).
- Fix: Fixed wrong HTML Reply on UTF-8 encoded headers (some outlook mails).
2010-07-26 / Client V3.5.19
- New: At first usage, the regify-client will show a hint about to use Outlook and Lotus notes as preferred method.
- Fix: Fixed missing LineBreaks in displaying utf-8 encoded ascii message body's.
Outlook AddIn V3.7.1
- New: Support for Outlook 2010
- New: silent sending for all Outlook Versions (no send/receive popup)
- Fix: fixed problems with certificate encoding (utf-8 - ascii) and handling
2010-05-18 / Client V3.5.18
- New: a new registry option 'DenyUpdateCheck' allows administrators to prevent any update checks of the regify client software. See regify_SWDeployment.pdf.
- New: commandline-option /COMPOSE to pre-define fields in regify-client (write-mode)
- New: reply using standalone-client (if SMTP is configured)
- New: new customize.ini options "DisableURL", "DisableSMTP" and "DisableUpdates". See regify_SWDeployment.pdf.
- Inf: New outlook-style icon for "reply using outlook"
- Fix: Fixed windows ordering problem with "request identity-file" dialog
- Fix: Username inserted to default-template is now encoded using utf-8
Outlook AddIn V3.6.14
- Fix: fixed a problem on foreign language systems (error 13 on startup)
- Fix: fixed name-resolution issue on some Exchange/ActiveDirectory configurations
- New: Transmits IdentityHash to clearing using CKeyAndHash (does not affect old clearing)
- New: Setup no longer installs to folder including a special char ((r))
- New: Setup no longer inserts startmenu-entries using a special char
2010-02-11 / Client V3.5.17
- New: Prepare_Installation.exe additionally searches environment-variable %NOTESDATA% to find a Lotus Notes installation (only if #HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\Path and #HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lotus\Notes\DataPath failed.
Outlook AddIn V3.6.11
- New: messages that have been opened using "new regify mail" allow to click "send regify", too.
2010-02-08 / Client V3.5.16
(internal release on demo-portal only)
- New: client uses Arial as fixed font (better display on changed DPI settings)
- Fix: fixed some tab-order related problems
- Fix: on some systems, single saved files lost their extension
Outlook AddIn V3.6.9
- New: reconverted messages will get sensitivity "private" (if supported by OL client)
- Fix: fixed error while automatic reconversion of regify files (error 13)
- New: assistant uses Arial as fixed font (better display on changed DPI settings)
- New: Lotus Notes related settings and some other setup-related stuff is exported to Prepare_Installation.exe wich will get executed during MSI setup.
2010-01-18 / Client V3.5.15
- New: client supports http-proxy settings now
- Fix: Fixed some image-related problems
- New: Display of senders identity shows auth-level now
Outlook AddIn V3.6.9
- New: Better error-text in case an OL version 2000 or 2002 is getting used.